10 Essential Steps to Prepare Your Home for Summer: From AC Servicing to Outdoor Cleaning
Sure, here are 10 steps you can take to get your home ready for summer:
1) Clean your windows: Start by giving your windows a good cleaning. This will help to maximize the amount of natural light coming into your home during the summer months.
2) Service your air conditioner: Ensure that your air conditioning system is in good working order before the summer heat arrives. Consider hiring a professional to service your AC unit to ensure optimal performance.
3) Test your ceiling fans: Check to make sure that your ceiling fans are functioning properly. If they are making unusual noises or not working correctly, it may be time to replace them.
4) Check your insulation: Make sure that your home is properly insulated. This will help to keep your home cool during the summer months and save on your energy bills.
5) Clean your outdoor furniture: Get your outdoor furniture ready for summer by giving it a thorough cleaning. This will make it more comfortable for you and your guests to enjoy the outdoors.
6) Check for leaks: Inspect your home for any leaks or drafts. Seal any gaps or cracks in doors and windows to help keep the cool air in and the hot air out.
7) Swap out your bedding: Switch out your heavy winter bedding for lighter, breathable fabrics that will help you stay cool at night.
8) Tend to your landscaping: Get your lawn and garden in shape for summer. Trim back overgrown trees and bushes, plant colorful flowers, and keep your lawn well-watered.
9) Install window treatments: Install window treatments that will help to block out the sun's heat during the hottest parts of the day.
10) Stock up on summer essentials: Make sure you have all the summer essentials you need, such as sunscreen, bug spray, and pool toys, so you're ready to enjoy the season.